- In Stock
- Product Code:
- Uvex Exxential Riding Hat (Black Matt)
Uvex Exxential Riding Hat (Black Matt)
The Uvex Exxential riding helmet is a great all round helmet suitable for leisure or competition riding. Manufactured using an in-mould process, EPS foam is injected into an impact resistant polycarbonate shell creating a practical, lightweight hat offering the maximum in protection. Features include:
- Reshaped Front Visor
- 420g weight
- Inmould technology: EPS foam is injected into an impact resistant polycarbonate shell.
- Active Ventilation system for perfect temperature control – flow optimised vent openings ensure that no heat is trapped within the helmet helping to keep your head cool.
- Integrated funnelled air channels – vents connect directly to air channels which run from front to back, to guarantee permanent ventilation.
- FAS strap – the chin strap can be adjusted very easily ensuring your helmet stays firmly on your head at all times and is always in the best position.
- 3D IAS Fitting system to adapt to individual head shapes – this system allows the fit to be adjusted in both width and height to ensure the perfect fit. In an instant the helmet can be adjusted with millimetric precision.
- Monomatic Closure offers one handed, multi-level adjustment – clever system that allows the rider to adjust and undo the chin strap with just one hand at the push of a button.
- Removable all season inner liner included.
- Suitable for spectacle wearers
- Certified to VG1 01.040 2014-12 & BSI kitemarked. Therefore satisfying the latest standards required by all governing bodies and associations from 2016.
- Optional winter pads can be purchased
Colour: Black Matt
XXS-S | 52-55cm | US 6 1/2 - 6 7/8 | UK 6 3/8 - 6 3/4
S-M | 55-57cm | US 6 7/8 - 7 1/8 | UK 6 3/4 - 7
M-L | 57-59cm | US 7 1/8 - 7 3/8 | UK 7 - 7 1/4
L-XL | 59-61cm | US 7 3/8 - 7 5/8 | UK 7 1/4 - 7 ½
Lisa’s notes: The latest range of Uvex helmets are fully kitemarked to BSI standards and now satisfy all the criteria required for the main governing bodies. Uvex is synonymous in the world of winter sports, cycling and motor sports for protective headgear and it is this expertise that has now been used to develop a range of helmets for the equestrian market. The Exxential helmet is a great choice for those riders who want all the safety features of a Uvex helmet but have a more limited budget! Each helmet is rigorously tested and kite marked before dispatch and the fitting system is extremely easy to use. The ability to adjust both the height and width of these helmets means you really do get an excellent fit. The technology used is state of the art and means you get maximum protection yet a lightweight helmet. I love the fact that you can adjust the chin strap with just one hand and the really neat look they provide. The liner can be removed and there is the option to purchase a winter liner or you may wish to have a spare one, for when one is in the wash. This particular helmet has proved really popular with Pony Club riders as it is smart and complies with all the specifications required and many children have opted for this style over the traditional skull cap because it is so lightweight and much cooler. We do try to keep a range of colours and sizes in stock but if we do not have the size in the colour you want then please do give us a call so we can give you an idea of delivery times. With regards to fitting, there is sometimes a crossover of certain sizes so in order to ensure you have the right size helmet we have included a guide to fitting them below.
- Please note that these hats are certified for use within the European Union. Customers outside the European Union must check that this certification meets the safety standards and certification required in the country of intended use.
Take a tape measure and laying it flat against your head, measure just above your eyebrows. This will give you an idea of the hat size you would need. Consult the size guide above.
When you receive your helmet, unwind the dial on the rear (anticlockwise if it was on your head) so that you make it wider. Make sure the sides are pulled down from the helmet by grabbing above where your ears would be and pulling firmly away from the interior of the hat. Place the helmet on your head. You should be able to feel the helmet on the top of your head. If you cannot then you need to go up to the next shell size.
With the hat on your head, gradually turn the dial in a clockwise direction until you feel it quite firm.
Then feel above your ears for the adjuster that alters the depth of the helmet and gradually click each side up one click at a time. Wiggle the front of the helmet to check if it is sitting above your eyebrows and moves your eyebrows and skin. If not, then click one more time each side and repeat the above process. Continue until you feel you have the optimum fit.
This is a really simple process (honest) but if on receiving your helmet, you are unsure as to how to fit then please call and we can talk you through it over the phone!