- In Stock
- Product Code:
- Uvex Suxxeed Active Riding Hat (Black Matt)
Uvex Suxxeed Active Riding Hat (Black Matt)
This top class riding helmet combines the unique technology of the Uvex hardshell with the traditional look of a classic riding hat. It is extremely durable and is made from a special injection moulding technique and features the new R-FAS (Ring Fast Adapting System) which guarantees even more stability with its steel ring on the webbing strap. Features include:
- Classic look riding helmet
- Hard Shell – the helmet consists of an injection moulded outer shell and an EPS inner shell to provide maximum protection and create a durable helmet.
- Active Ventilation system for perfect temperature control – flow optimised vent openings ensure that no heat is trapped within the helmet helping to keep your head cool.
- R-FAS strap – the chin strap can be adjusted very easily ensuring your helmet stays firmly on your head at all times and is always in the best position.
- 3D IAS Fitting system to adapt to individual head shapes – this system allows the fit to be adjusted in both width and height to ensure the perfect fit. In an instant the helmet can be adjusted with millimetric precision.
- Monomatic Closure offers one handed, multi-level adjustment – clever system that allows the rider to adjust and undo the chin strap with just one hand at the push of a button.
- Strap covers in high quality synthetic leather
- Lightweight hard shell – weight from 480g
- Removable all season inner liner included.
- Suitable for spectacle wearers
- Kitemarked by BSI & standard VG1 01.040 2014-12. BSI 2016 compliant. Therefore satisfying the criteria required by all governing bodies and associations.
XS-S | 54-55cm | US 6 3/4 - 6 7/8 | UK 6 5/8 - 6 3/4
S | 55-56cm | US 6 7/8 - 7 | UK 6 3/4 - 7 1/8
M-L | 57-59cm | US 7 1/8 - 7 3/8 | UK 7 - 7 ¼
Lisa’s notes: The Suxxeed Active is the latest helmet from Uvex and will appeal to those who want a smart, classic look helmet but with all the benefits of a lightweight technical material that provide maximum protection. They are fully kitemarked to BSI standards and satisfy all the criteria required for the main governing bodies. Each helmet is rigorously tested and kite marked before dispatch and the fitting system is extremely easy to use. The ability to adjust both the height and width of these helmets means you really do get an excellent fit and for those who struggle getting a helmet to fit these are definitely worth a look! I love the fact that you can adjust the chin strap with just one hand and the really neat look they provide. The liner can be removed and there is the option to purchase a winter liner or you may wish to have a spare one, for when one is in the wash. We do try to keep a range of sizes in stock but if we do not have the size in the colour you want then please do give us a call so we can give you an idea of delivery times. With regards to fitting, there is sometimes a crossover of certain sizes so in order to ensure you have the right size helmet we have included a guide to fitting them below.
- Please note that these hats are certified for use within the European Union. Customers outside the European Union must check that this certification meets the safety standards and certification required in the country of intended use.
Take a tape measure and laying it flat against your head, measure just above your eyebrows. This will give you an idea of the hat size you would need. Consult the size guide above.
When you receive your helmet, unwind the dial on the rear (anticlockwise if it was on your head) so that you make it wider. Make sure the sides are pulled down from the helmet by grabbing above where your ears would be and pulling firmly away from the interior of the hat. Place the helmet on your head. You should be able to feel the helmet on the top of your head. If you cannot then you need to go up to the next shell size.
With the hat on your head, gradually turn the dial in a clockwise direction until you feel it quite firm.
Then feel above your ears for the adjuster that alters the depth of the helmet and gradually click each side up one click at a time. Wiggle the front of the helmet to check if it is sitting above your eyebrows and moves your eyebrows and skin. If not, then click one more time each side and repeat the above process. Continue until you feel you have the optimum fit.
This is a really simple process (honest) but if on receiving your helmet, you are unsure as to how to fit then please call and we can talk you through it over the phone!